Ample Storage wants to be your choice for self-storage, but our dedication is not limited to your initial decision. Once you have arrived at our storage facility in south Reno, we want to make sure that you have the best experience possible. In order to help you be prepared for storing your belongings in a Reno storage unit incident-free, we have created this two-part guide to deliver all the storage tips we have accumulated over the years.
- You never know when you may have to pull something out of storage. Mark every box with the contents. This will help you find exactly what you are looking for with limited searching.
- Create an itemized list of everything you place in the unit, possibly going so far as to note which box each item is in. This further limits searching and is good for insurance purposes, just in case.
Bang and Bump Protection
- Don’t be afraid to use a little extra paper to wrap fragile items. It works well to protect china and glasses. Make sure that these boxes are well marked and placed on top (instead of beneath) heavier boxes.
- Try to keep original boxes that electronics come in and store them in those. They are specifically designed to protect them. However, if they are not available, wrap all electronics in bubble wrap.
- To protect items that will not be put in boxes, wrap them with paper, plastic or cloth.
- Avoid overloading your boxes. Moving boxes are capable of carrying heavy loads, but only to a point. Keeping the boxes lighter will make moving easier and help prevent them from failing and making a mess.
Whether you are storing your belongings for a long period of time, or you are only using the Reno storage unit for temporary storage, these storage tips will help your move go smoothly and with fewer issues. Join us next time we as we dive back in, sharing more storage tips and discussing ways to avoid water damage.