More and more young adults are seeking out additional means of storage to keep all of their belongings safe while going unused. Growing up you might remember tagging along with your parents to a storage facility to get out some seasonal decorations for the holidays or to store away old memorabilia they didn’t have space for at home. Now that you’re an adult and have your own belongings, you may notice the need for additional storage space as well.
Fortunately, there are several options of storage units for college students available at Reno Ample Storage. Learn more about self-storage for college students below.
Storage Units for College Students
If you’re a TMCC, UNR, or GNCU student living on campus or in a house/apartment with roommates, then you may have noticed how limited storage space can be. Dorm rooms are often big enough for a couple of beds and desks, but not much else. And what are you expected to do with your belongings when you go home for the summer or winter breaks? That’s where storage units for college students come in.
Reno Ample Storage makes storage more accessible to everyone, even college students on a budget, by offering affordable storage units in Reno. There are several sizes of storage units available ranging from 5×5 to 20×20 allowing you to store anything from a few boxes to a full-size vehicle.
Common Reasons for College Students Needing Storage
Some of the most common reasons college students look for self-storage options are due to small dorm capacities, going home for extended breaks, and leaving to study abroad. Take a look at how storage units for college students can alleviate some of these conflicts:
- Lack of Space in Your Dorm Room – It’s no secret that dorm rooms are small. Sharing an already confined space with another student significantly cuts down your available space. You’re expected to fit typically more than one bedroom set into a single room with limited to no space for extra items. For any items that you simply can’t fit into your dorm room but aren’t ready to part with, a self-storage unit provides the perfect solution.
- Summer and Winter Break Storage – Typically, in-between semesters college students will leave their dorms or living space to live at home with their families or somewhere else off-campus. This leaves many students wondering where they’re going to keep their belongings during the break. Keeping your things in a Reno storage facility makes these transitions simple and convenient.
- Traveling or Studying Abroad – Getting the opportunity to travel or study abroad as a college student is always exciting. The last thing you want to have to worry about is what to do with all your stuff while you’re away. Leaving your belongings in a self-storage unit ensures that they’ll be safe and secure.
Whatever the reason is for seeking self-storage for college students, it’s important to find a convenient and affordable Reno storage facility to keep your things protected.
Benefits of Self-Storage for Students
Reno Ample Storage offers college students affordable long-term and short-term storage options. Unlike other storage facilities in Reno, Ample has a variety of storage unit sizes available, provides easy drive-up access, and is monitored around the clock 7 days a week. Take a look at some of the benefits college students will experience when utilizing self-storage units:
- Creates more available space in your dorm room or living area
- Keeps your belongings safe and secure, even if you travel out of town
- Provides a convenient place to store your things temporarily being close to campus
- Available in several sizes to accommodate all of your storage needs
- Affordable or cheap storage units are ideal for college students living on a budget
Storage Unit Tips for College Students
When it comes time to store your belongings away, it’s important that you know what items are acceptable for storage and what items are better kept at home. Most storage facilities allow you to put a whole host of things in a storage unit, but there are limits. A self-storage facility is a great place to store unused household items, appliances, keepsakes, clothes, and even vehicles. However, some items are not accepted either due to the safety risk and sanitary implications they pose.
Here are some storage unit tips for college students to help you decide what can go and what needs to stay:
Items That Are Not Allowed in Storage Units
- Flammable/Combustible materials
- Hazardous materials
- Items that attract pests or rodents
- Wet/Damp items
- Living things (plants, pets, etc.)
Items That Are Acceptable in Storage Units
- Appliances like microwaves and mini-fridges
- Vehicles such as cars and motorcycles
- Clothing and linen
- Home goods
- Seasonal items and sports equipment
Storage Units for College Students with Reno Ample Storage
Connect with Reno Ample Storage today to get pricing, sizes, or any other information regarding our self-storage units! We offer access to units from 6 am to 9 pm, 7 days a week, and we provide 24-hour surveillance. Also, we’ll help you determine which size storage unit will be best for you so you aren’t paying for extra space you don’t need. Contact Reno Ample Storage today!